The Kalgoorlie Bowling Club was established in 1905 with both men and women participating in lawn bowls. The greens were grass and the club had over 150 members.
In 2002, the ladies left the KBC and some went to the Ladies Railway Bowling Club across the road and others to Boulder Bowling Club. For 8 years it was a men’s bowling club only. Then, in 2010, the ladies from Kalgoorlie Ladies Railway Bowling Club joined the KBC. In 2012, the Kalgoorlie Bowling Club was officially opened with synthetic greens.